[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 10 13:29:07 GMT 2014

On 10.10.2014 15:35, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> But in Tizen, the security team has decided that all the management
> (creation and removal) of special files (including $HOME and associated
> sub dir) will be done by the security manager.

Of course it is doing all this! It is behaving same way as "useradd" and
that's the entire purpose.

And of course all that is done for the guest users too, on every re-login.

> So please do not add any of these action in Tizen-gumd because it will
> block its inclusion in Tizen 3.

It's already in there and has been there. It would be impossible to test
gumd without it, because you wouldn't be able to login the created users.

And no, we are not taking it out for some Tizen crazyness.

> I asked early this week, please work with Raphal to progress the best
> model of integration of the User Create and Delete in the security manager.

If you want to do it that way, don't use gumd at all, but write your own
implementation right into your security manager. There's no point in
having gumd at all then.