[Dev] can't review a patch after rebasing

함명주 myungjoo.ham at samsung.com
Tue Oct 14 04:21:37 GMT 2014

> On 14/10/14 05:30 , "Chanho Park" <chanho61.park at samsung.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I found gerrit was upgraded to 2.9.1. Maintainer want to rebase the patch
> >sometimes if the patch is not on top of the latest commit. In this case, I
> >cannot review or submit the patch. Is this intended or bug?
> >
> >One more question:
> >When I reverted the old screen in my preference, I can't find 'review and
> >submit' button. Where is gone the button?
>
> Chanho,
>
> do you have example of change that you can’t review ? it would help to
> understand what doesn’t work as expected.

Chanho,

if you want to rebase pending gerrit (not merged), there have been two common methods, Did those two stop working recently?
1. (gerrit web interface) go to the pending gerrit (e.g., https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/c/26368/), click "rebase"
or
2. (cloned git, shell) pull the recently rebased tree. (e.g., git checkout tizen; git pull) then, fetch the pending gerrit. (e.g., git fetch https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/platform/upstream/pacrunner refs/changes/68/26368/2 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD ). rebase that patch; (e.g., git rebase tizen) and resubmit to gerrit making another "Patch Set #". (e.g., git push origin HEAD:refs/for/tizen)

As Alenxander mentioned, an example, log, screenshot will be helpful.

Cheers,
MyungJoo.