[Dev] D-Bus upgrade

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Wed Oct 15 16:43:29 GMT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. I will do as suggested.
I have another question. Will we need dbus smack patches? I see them
used in Automotive Message Broker configuration file
(/etc/dbus-1/system.d/manifest.automotive-message-broker.conf), but will
it stay this way? Porting these patches shouldn't be a problem, but if
they are not required it's better to drop them.

I also see that smack-specific D-Bus daemon method
"GetConnectionSmackContext" is used in several packages (cynara,
gsignond, polkit) so I believe it should be picked, at least for now.
However, in the future these packages should be changed so they use
"GetConnectionCredentials" method which is provided by the upstream D-Bus.

Best regards,
Jacek