[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Thu Oct 16 12:39:29 GMT 2014

On 16.10.2014 11:43, Rafał Krypa wrote:
> Could you please describe this subject in detail? What problems did you encounter while considering integration by hooks? Why was it considered unfeasible?
> If similar problems could also affect integration with security-manager, I'd like to avoid them as early as possible.

Conclusion was that it is impossible to perfectly roll-back hook actions
in case of failure because the roll-back can also fail. If not for
anything else but due to bugs in implementation.

As I've said before, solution is to switch to using filesystem that
supports atomic snapshots, make a snapshot before the action and roll
back to that snapshot if there's a failure. Some other modern OS'
support this and I think Tizen should too...

Then you just need to formally prove that the snapshot system and
hardware cannot fail or have bugs. Then you're done. :)