[Dev] Finished the multi-user BT phase1 source code and the related test report

Von Dentz, Luiz luiz.von.dentz at intel.com
Thu Oct 16 14:39:23 GMT 2014

Hi,

While at it you should probably document what your code is doing, what
you store in the file and how the UID is discovered. Btw you can't
trust that the application will send you the right UID, you have to
able to discover the UID yourself from the D-Bus message itself,
perhaps you can use dbus_bus_get_unix_user but it have exceptions such
as:

  'This function only works for connections that authenticated as a
UNIX user, right now that includes all bus connections, but it's very
possible to have connections with no associated UID. So check for
errors and do something sensible if    they happen.'

This also leads to the conclusion that the bus daemon would probably
be a better place to have such checks since it does in fact have the
information of what user does the connection belongs to, also be sure
that dbus_bus_get_unix_user will block while resolving the UID so it
will prevent your daemon to process any message in the meantime.