[Dev] Cynara & Security-Manager - task schedule for next months

Balestrieri, Francesco francesco.balestrieri at intel.com
Thu Oct 16 15:53:01 GMT 2014

Thanks for sharing this. Would it be possible to track at least the high-level items in Jira?

From: Tomasz Swierczek <t.swierczek at samsung.com<mailto:t.swierczek at samsung.com>>
Date: Thursday 16 October 2014 17:45
To: "dev at lists.tizen.org<mailto:dev at lists.tizen.org>" <dev at lists.tizen.org<mailto:dev at lists.tizen.org>>
Subject: [Dev] Cynara & Security-Manager - task schedule for next months

Hi All,

Since our work on Cynara and Security-Manager becomes more and more important to other platform components, we’ve decided to publish our schedule for most important tasks here. Below you’ll find dates when we *plan* to have each of the items complete. These tasks match also work we do together with Intel Security Team to ensure Crosswalk & launchers are properly secured (Crosswalk integration is done in cooperation with all interested parties, including Intel & Samsung WRT/Crosswalk guys).

Cynara: Client Library

 From

Asynchronous API tests

2014-10-24

2014-11-07

Credential helpers configuration with tests

2014-09-01

2014-10-24

Client configuration API (cache size, timeouts)

2014-11-21

2014-12-05

Cynara: Admin Library

Listing and erasing sets of policies (implementation)

2014-11-14

2014-11-21

Tests for new commands

2014-11-21

2014-11-28

Offline mode

2014-09-01

2014-10-31

Offline command-line tool

2014-11-14

2014-11-28

Offline mode tests

2014-10-31

2014-11-21

Cynara: Service Daemon

Emergency mode (if we detect policy’s DB is corrupted)

2014-10-24

2014-10-31

Database checksum

2014-10-17

2014-10-24

Cynara: Policy extensions

Plugins API implementation

2014-09-26

2014-11-14

Agent API implementation

2014-09-26

2014-10-24

"Ask User" plugin implementation

2014-11-14

2014-11-21

Sample agent for UI popups (using existing UI framework)

2014-10-24

2014-11-14

Cynara: Xwalk integration

Review of cynara usage

2014-10-10

2014-10-24

Cynara: DBus integration

usage of Cynara code in dbus

2014-09-26

2014-10-31

tests

2014-11-14

2014-11-28

supervision of services configuration

2014-10-31

INF

Cynara: System service security analysis

service/IPC/privileges analysis

2014-10-31

2014-11-21

supervision of JIRA tasks for Cynara usage

2014-11-07

INF

Security Manager: Application support

Discuss & agree on application directories structure for Crosswalk

2014-10-20

2014-10-24

Decide private data location for globally installed apps

2014-10-20

2014-10-24

Implement file (Smack) labeling in home folder of the user

2014-10-27

2014-11-07

Implement setting capabilities for launchers

2014-10-06

2014-10-24

Setup Cynara policy for non-application user processes

2014-10-20

2014-10-21

Label applications by appId, not pkgId

2014-10-20

2014-10-21

Integrate security-manager with Crosswalk

2014-10-01

2014-11-07

Using separate labels for applications

2014-11-03

2014-11-28

Refine Smack rules for applications (based on any possible problems/errors)

2014-11-03

2014-11-28

Provide API for amd to get appID from running apps

2014-10-20

2014-10-31

Separate repository for security-manager policy (groups per privilege)

2014-10-01

2014-10-14

Security Manager: User Support

Decide how to integrate gumd and security-manager

2014-10-13

2014-10-24

Design user profile mapping to privileges and allowed apps

2014-10-20

2014-10-31

Restructure Cynara policy setup to use policy buckets

2014-10-20

2014-10-24

Handle user creation and removal

2014-11-03

2014-11-21

Provide API for fine-tuning allowed applications for users

2014-11-24

2014-12-12

Provide API for fine-tuning privileges for users

2014-11-24

2014-12-12

Provide API for per-user privilege limiting ("privacy-manager")

2014-11-24

2014-12-12

Security Manager: Offline-mode Support

Support application registration during image build

2014-10-06

2014-10-24

Support proper user registration during image build

2014-11-24

2014-11-28

Best Regards,

[cid:44YDXKW4QKNM at namo.co.kr]

Tomasz Świerczek
Office +48 22 377 95 59
Cell +48 503 135 021
t.swierczek at samsung.com<mailto:t.swierczek at samsung.com>

Intel Finland Oy
Registered Address: PL 281, 00181 Helsinki
Business Identity Code: 0357606 - 4
Domiciled in Helsinki