[Dev] Finished the multi-user BT phase1 source code and the related test report

Baptiste Durand baptiste.durand at open.eurogiciel.org
Fri Oct 17 08:42:08 GMT 2014

Hi Patrick

Sure All access of platform service should be made trhougth CAPI. (So by
using framework ONLY)

DBUS service can be protected by Cynara . So direct access to bluez can be
disallowed easily.

We have also smack label protection in dbus interface that we can use in
this case , to allow only bt-service process (Framework processus) to use
the bluez dbus interfaces.

BR

Baptiste

> On Fri, 2014-10-17 at 07:35 +0000, Zheng, Wu wrote:
> > >What's your plan for A?
> > I think that Cynara and Smack will hand it.
>
> A = "ensure that all Bluetooth users in Tizen do that [= use your
> framework".
>
> Cynara and Smack have nothing to do that. It's about working with the
> release managers and other teams on a schedule for changing affected
> components.
>
> You seem to thing of B, enforcing access through the framework. Cynara
> and Smack will not do that automagically. It's your job to set them up
> so that the system is secure.
>
> --
> Best Regards, Patrick Ohly
>
> The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although
> I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
> represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak
> on behalf of Intel on this matter.

Baptiste DURAND
Eurogiciel Vannes/FR