[Dev] Gumd usage in building images

Zaman, Imran imran.zaman at intel.com
Fri Oct 17 14:14:17 GMT 2014

Hi Rafal/Roman!

I agree with patrick, and consequently:

In order to make life easier, I have added "offline" support in gumd, which means that gumd can be run as simple binary to add/del/update/get user/group.
No (p2p) dbus is needed.

offline mode:  user will be added and gumd will exit immediately
# gumd -o -a --username=user1 --usertype=4               (e.g.)

non-offline mode (it needs either p2p dbus or system bus):
# gumd

The changes have already been merged and pushed to tizen, and should show up in next Tizen common release (hopefully on monday).
Please make sure that you use gumd with version 0.0.6.

Roman, please test user creation at image level with gumd 0.0.6 and let me know if you face any issues.

BR
imran