[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Mon Oct 20 07:05:56 GMT 2014

On 19.10.2014 10:06, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> we are dealing with embedded which has a lot of constrains when it come
> to file system and Tizen as no plan to enforce a given file system.
> Tizen request is so far only to provide a file system with extended
> attribute support to store Smack labels.
> Each profiles has its own constrains from persistence to support of very
> low cost NAND and they can select the best file system for their need.

Then the responsibility of configuring system to withstand power losses
and such in regards to system state is up to whoever selects the
filesystem. IOW, state management regarding user management is not an
issue. That also means that scripts are completely fine.

IMO, we should generate our images using Btrfs instead of ext4.