[Dev] Gumd and security-manager integration

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Mon Oct 20 09:42:36 GMT 2014

I proposed that a long time ago on this list and i created images with
BTRFS of the Common profile.
It works however i got a lot of data corruption situations during power
losses, the BTRFS has to be tuned specifically for the mobile device world.

Also there is a "new" project for eMMC devices called vdfs, i don't know
any details of it but it's there: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdfs/

On 10/20/2014 09:05 AM, Jussi Laako wrote:
> On 19.10.2014 10:06, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
>> we are dealing with embedded which has a lot of constrains when it come
>> to file system and Tizen as no plan to enforce a given file system.
>> Tizen request is so far only to provide a file system with extended
>> attribute support to store Smack labels.
>> Each profiles has its own constrains from persistence to support of very
>> low cost NAND and they can select the best file system for their need.
>
> Then the responsibility of configuring system to withstand power
> losses and such in regards to system state is up to whoever selects
> the filesystem. IOW, state management regarding user management is not
> an issue. That also means that scripts are completely fine.
>
> IMO, we should generate our images using Btrfs instead of ext4.

  Roman Kubiak