[Dev] setup tizen common env issue

Nicolas Zingilé nicolas.zingile at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Oct 21 10:43:37 GMT 2014

Hi Dominig and Zheng,

The installer already provide a configuration file that the user can
edit at convenience, located in /usr/sbin/installer.conf (path will
change when the tool will be re-packaged)
It actually allows to set up :

- the image url (remote or local ) through the *IMAGE_URL* variable
- the hard drive to flash through the *OUTDEV* variable
- and the keyboard layout through the *KEYBOARD_LAYOUT* variable

You can find those information at the end of the following wiki page :
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Install_tizen_image - section "Customizing
the script"

The installer works with bmaptool, which supports the classical proxy
environment variables : http_proxy, https_proxy, ftp_proxy, no_proxy.
Given that the config file is sourced when the installer is launched, it
will probably work setting the required proxy environment variables at
the end of the configuration file.

So, Zheng, a template of the config file that could solve your problem
could be the following :

/usr/sbin/installer.conf :

###############

IMAGE_URL="http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/tizen-common_20141020.2/images/x86_64-wayland/common-wayland-mbr-x86_64/tizen-common_20141020.2_common-wayland-mbr-x86_64-sda.raw.bz2"
OUTDEV="/dev/sda"
KEYBOARD_LAYOUT="us"
export http_proxy="<your proxy conf>"        (or another appropriated
proxy environment variable)

##################

To perform the changes :
================

- flash the tizen installer on a usb key
- boot the device on the flashed usb key
- connect to tty3 :     login = root password = tizen
- edit the configuration file as bellow

Let me know if you managed to flash an image modifying the
installer.conf file.

Best Regards,

Nicolas Z

On 10/21/2014 01:36 AM, Dominig Ar Foll wrote:
> Nicolas,
>
> managing all the possible network configuration is not the goal of the
> installer, but we could add two option to the code :
>    - a manual configuration of http https proxy
>    - a local URL entry.
>
> Would that be easy to do ?

>> Hi Nicolas,
>>
>>> Can you re-try please ? and let me know if you managed to flash an image
>> Yes, it should be network connection issue.
>>
>> Just, my pc is in internal network.
>> Therefore, it need to set the proxy of network.
>>
>> I can't the proxy setting, therefore, It still can't work well.
>>
>> However, I believe that if the network is ok, the image can be setup.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Zheng Wu

>>> 32-wayland/common-installer-mbr-i586#
>>> tizen-common_20140925.2_common-installer-mbr-i586-sda.raw.bz2
>>>
>>> And flash it to usb.
>>>
>>> 2. boot to use usb.
>>>
>>> 3. I see setup picture.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Install_Tizen_Image# Proceed with
>>> installation
>>>
>>> 4. However, whatever I choose which keyboard layout.
>>> The setup process can't enter the next step.
>>>
>>> Just let me reboot.
>>>
>>> My keyboard is standard Dell PC keyboard.
>>>
>>> How can I do to setup tizen common?
>>>
>>> 5. I find common_box can login to the usb of tizen common
>>>
>>> Do you know the password and tell me?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Best regards
>>> Zheng Wu