[Dev] how to install and use encfs in tizen rd-pq(reference phone)

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed Oct 22 02:02:40 GMT 2014

On 21/10/2014 16:18, Łukasz Stelmach wrote:
> It was <2014-10-20 pon 10:17>, when 이준민 wrote:
>> Hi, all
>>
>> I'm a beginner developer and I have a question.
>>
>> I have no idea whether I have the authority to question every people.
>>
>> but, I hope somebody help.
>>
>> I want to make a kind of secure system app.
>>
>> this app is divided 2 area like private, public.
>>
>> so I must create encrypted folder(private) in tizen rd-pq phone.
>>
>> In this folder, all files are encrypted like encfs.
>>
>> encfs is virtual encrypted filesystem which stores encrypted data in
>> the rootdir directory and makes the unencrypted data visible at the
>> mountPointdirectory.
>>
>> I know that tizen includes fuse(filesystem in userspace) and fuse provides
>> encfs.
>>
>> *how to install and use encfs in tizen rd-pq phone?*
>>
>> *if encfs is not supported, how to create encrypted folder in tizen rd-pq
>> phone.*
>>
>> I tried to install encfs through sdb but it had many problems.
> I'd recommend using ecryptfs rather than encfs. The former is used in
> Ubuntu to provide encrypted home directories and is belived to be safer
> cryptographically-wise. Unlike encfs it is implemented in kernel and
> thanks to this performs better.

Hi

As an encfs user, Let me share my experience

For encfs you can try to rebuild RDPQ kernel and enable FUSE support
and then just build/package the encfs client package
note there lot of neat useful fuse modules to bring to tizen
but you already about it since you're using encfs)

But enabling FUSE into kernel
might not match your (and ours/tizen) security concerns
so userland crypto or ecryptfs should be match better...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace

--
  mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
  xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com