[Dev] buxton and vconf

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Mon Oct 27 15:36:27 GMT 2014

Hi all,

Sometime ago, I spent few days to provide a library that wraps the
buxton backend inside a vconf API.

Here is what I did:
 - providing a library that use buxton backend
 - providing a vconftool program
 - scripts to init from vconf
 - scripts to manage initialisation of memory
 - systemd init services
 - improving buxton for listing keys (for admin)
 - improving buxton for querying smack labels (for admin)
 - improving buxton for querying values of any type (for admin)
 - improving buxton for implementing memory backend
 - some debugging of buxton

Currently, all of that is working since more than a week and can be
evaluated. Here the links:
 - https://github.com/jobol/buxton
 - https://github.com/jobol/vconf-buxton

I made evaluation using it to substitute vconf with vconf-buxton. It
works well now but I had to debug buxton that crashed.

Since more than a month, the buxton team is asking itself to not
integrate my work because it dislikes to query a key of any type and to
get just the list of names when listing keys. (see [1] for details)

So it is currently in a blocked state for an unknown duration.

Best regards
José Bollo

[1]
the opened pull requests
https://github.com/sofar/buxton/issues/131

still opened issue (solved on my side)
https://github.com/sofar/buxton/issues/132

still opened pull requests but obsoleted by 131
https://github.com/sofar/buxton/issues/130

closed pull requests (because too old)
https://github.com/sofar/buxton/pulls?q=is%3Aclosed+is%3Apr+author%
3Ajobol+