[Dev] [Emulator] Tizen emulator development plan

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Oct 28 09:41:04 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-28 at 18:29 +0900, SeokYeon Hwang wrote:
> Dear Tizen emulator developers,
>
> As you developers knows, we will merge three branches for features and
> QEMU2.2 into "tizen" branches in the near future.

Thanks for notifying the list.

> Not to make the branches unstable, we make a decision to use alternative
> branch "tizen_next"
> That is, you developers need to merge the changes into "tizen_next" branches
> instead of tizen branches.
> After testing "tizen_next" branch, we will merge it into "tizen" branch.
>

> Here is what will be done in "tizen_next" branches.
>
> For "tizen_next" branch under sdk/emulator/qemu.git
> *  Merge three features below.
> -  Features/brillcodec_2i
> -  Features/smp
> -  Features/qt_dr

Is there an overview somewhere what these features are?

I recently happened to look at sdk/emulator/qemu.git when trying to
compile it myself for use with hardware accelerated graphics
(https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Emulator#Tizen:Common_on_qemu-yagl_:_ia32).

I noticed that the current branch seems to be based on 2.0 with a long
history of Tizen-specific changes. Do you plan to submit any
Tizen-specific changes back upstream?

Speaking of qemu in Tizen, which git trees are really used? There's
sdk/emulator/qemu.git which seems to be the one actively developed. What
about
platform/upstream/qemu
platform/upstream/qemu-accel
?

Both have "tizen" branches, implying that they are used in Tizen 3.0,

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.