[Dev] [Emulator] Tizen emulator development plan

SeokYeon Hwang syeon.hwang at samsung.com
Tue Oct 28 10:46:00 GMT 2014

First, I write a brief description of the following features.

-  Features/brillcodec_2i
The "Tizen emulator" provides the virtual CODEC device that encodes/decodes multimedia resources using host CPUs. In this branch, we have tried to adopt video acceleration modules (e.g. VA-API, DXVA) in order to enhance performance.

- Features/smp
Enabled guest SMP(i.e. multi-core).

- Features/qt_dr
Supports direct rendered emulator UI, which is fully rendered on Host GPU and implemented in QT.

We use only "sdk/emulator/qemu.git" for emulator.
Git paths started with "platform/" are for platform.

Thanks.