[Dev] ToyBox task

Xavier Roche xavier.roche at open.eurogiciel.org
Tue Oct 28 13:34:38 GMT 2014

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your work, I really appreciate your reactivity.
You are right, I didn't create task for ps command as it is not provided
by coreutils. ( the current toybox build configuration deactivates ps
generation )
Also, there is no task for the cp command yet since the work to do on
that last command is double and it needs to be shared with the community
before doing so :

- Currently on  toybox, the cp command does not provide a --preserve
option that takes into account the security context and/or extented
attributes (just like coreutils does).
This has to be added in toybox the same way you have done with the other
command, and I will create a task for this today.

- But, a specific cp -Z option is provided on coreutils upstream branch
which is *not* on the tizen branch.
     -> My proposal would be to add this missing option to the toybox cp
command, so that we could preserve *or* force a security context while
copying files.

I will then see to what extent our patches could be pushed upstream once
all done, so you don't have to take care of this.

Best regards,

--
Xavier Roche
Intel Open Source Technology Center