[Dev] SDK vs multiuser and security features

Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Tue Oct 28 13:39:13 GMT 2014

Hello;

We have recently seen a set of bugs raised due to side effect of the SDK
mode of operation based on tizen 2 but used on Tizen 3.
I would like to invite the SDK architects to express their view on the
transfer from Tizen 2 to 3 operation mode and how they propose to update
the SDK.

I see few changes that will need to happen in order for the SDK to
operate with Tizen 3 and we should address them soon rather than later.
They might be more.

  - user App is going away. So no cross profile assumption on a default
user ID can be made any more. The SDK will have to connect as a real
valid user.
  - security and data privacy enforcement cannot be turned off and so
faking user ID will not work.
  - Security features are linked to the Kernel which is 3.14, and so the
SDK should be aligned. It should run with security "on".
  - sdb mode of operation is a security back door which needs to be
fixed (or replaced)

It would be great to get a Wiki page created with your proposed model.

Regards

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect