[Dev] Input device files group

Schaufler, Casey casey.schaufler at intel.com
Tue Oct 28 14:37:14 GMT 2014

Setting the groups on a device special file is important
because of the way we are enforcing application privilege,
especially in the context of native applications.

> Also, I'm not sure that the rules for defining the permissions on such
> devices should be global. And currently, you'll notice that every
> profile is free to define the permissions as needed (because
> weston-common or x11-common are packages specific to Tizen:Common,
> not
> supposed to be inherited directly in a Tizen profile.

Part of the "as needed" requirement is going to depend on
the application privileges. Sure, some devices will provide
different "resources" in different profiles, but that has to be
coordinated with the privilege definitions.