[Dev] Problem using 'repo init -m <manifest.xml>'

JF Ding jian-feng.ding at intel.com
Wed Oct 29 03:09:53 GMT 2014

Geoffroy,

> [Geoffroy] I don’t know about other users but that’s not exactly how I use it.
Sorry about the inconvenience for your building. According the gbs developers’ experience, the method in the BKM doc might be the most convenient way. And we already have some wrapper scripts to let the pre-building preparation to be automatic, that will be integrated into gbs package later, and these scripts will depend on current settings.

BTW, sorry about that the link of BKM I sent out in my previous mail should be a deprecated one which need to be deleted by site admin, the latest doc is:
https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/all-one-instructions/creating-tizen-ivi-images-based-on-specific-snapshot-one-page

> [Geoffroy] What is the problem if that statement appears twice (once in the _remote.xml file and once in the manifest file for that particular build)?

If so, the `repo init` or `repo sync` will consider this situation as a ‘duplicate default remote’ error and abort.

> [Geoffroy] I use a slightly different method (mainly because I really want to *only* use the manifest file posted with the image as well as the build.conf that is posted). Your BKM makes me use a build.conf that’s taken from a Git repo but there is no assurance that it’s the one the image was built with. As I said below, I found a workaround to the problem by adding the remote line back to my manifest file but I was curious as to why it was commented out nowadays
Please check the right doc: https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/all-one-instructions/creating-tizen-ivi-images-based-on-specific-snapshot-one-page, in which the build-conf/pre-built/manifest are all from snapshot.

thanks
- jf.ding