[Dev] SDK vs multiuser and security features

Liu, Alice alice.liu at intel.com
Wed Oct 29 03:11:30 GMT 2014

Hi,

Let me raise two SDK specific issues. It may bring us more thinking about SDK user and security features.

1. Currently journal log only can be accessed by 'root' user, other users including 'app' user cannot access it. But as SDK developers, they need to get some log such as web application console log or even system level log to address the causes once running applications failed.

2. Some native apps' debugging tools such as gdbserver, oprofile and valgrind need a specific privilege to run. I am not sure in Tizen 3, what privilege it needs. It may need to access some kernel device nodes. I concern if 'app' user has the privilege to access kernel device node.
Although currently IVI SDK doesn't support native apps(I am not sure if IVI SDK also need to support native apps in future). It is a key issue for Tizen SDK(including mobile SDK, wearable SDK, or others).

Thanks.
Best regards,
Alice