[Dev] SMACK in Tizen

José Bollo jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed Oct 29 08:52:32 GMT 2014

Le mercredi 29 octobre 2014 à 10:08 +0300, Vyacheslav Barinov a écrit :
> Hello,
>
>  What is current SMACK state in Tizen:Common builds?

Hi Vyacheslav,

Tizen:Common is a work in progress implementation of the Security model
of tizen 3 described by this wiki page:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Security:SmackThreeDomainModel

>  I see smack-related packages installed into firmware but there are neither rules in
>  /etc/smack/accesses.d nor security labels on binaries in latest snapshot firmware.

It is not true. What did you inspected? Which image? You should found at
least /etc/smack/accesses.d/default-ac-domain

>  Is it firmware building bug or there was a decision to switch security off?

None of this is true.

The current state is changing quickly. Peoples of Samsung are currently
creating two main component of the coming Tizen 3: the cynara framework
that that will allow security at an API level and the security-manager
that will handle the smack rules for applications (see schedule here
https://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/2014-October/004610.html ).

Best regards
José