[Dev] [NFC] OOB bluetooth pairing support is broken

Corentin Lecouvey corentin.lecouvey at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed Oct 29 13:45:58 GMT 2014

Hi all,

In order to move the bluetooth-frwk to NTB, I meet some problem with NFC.

Bluetooth contains OOB pairing mechanism which is based on NFC technology
in order to pair close devices.
OOB feature is handled in bluetooth-frwk (client side) and it is supported
by nfc-manager daemon (NFC server side).

NFC manager uses bluetooth internal OOB API (not public C API).
Those internal bluetooth API have never been migrated to Bluez 5 and so can
not work (https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TC-1971).
NTB doesn't support OOB feature now. I made a Jira feature request here :
https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TC-1970.

As it is just used on NFC server side and doesn't impact NFC Web device
API, I would like to make OOB optionnal in nfc-manager-neard.

Does it make sense ?

Best regards,
Corentin