[Dev] Finished the multi-user BT phase1 source code and the related test report

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Oct 29 16:50:41 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-17 at 08:35 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> I suspect you were assuming that all processes can only do Bluetooth via
> your framework. If yes, then you need to
>      A. ensure that all Bluetooth users in Tizen do that,
>      B. and then (and only then!) ensure that all other ways of doing
>         Bluetooth are prohibited.
>
> For A, work with the Tizen managers (if you need help from other teams)

I'm still not sure whether I will have to do anything to keep contact
address book caching via PBAP working (no bugs filed so far), but I want
to be prepared and thus tried to figure out whether I can use the BT
capi to do the job if I have to.

However, I was not able to find documentation of that API. I looked at
https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/core/connectivity/bluetooth-frwk.git;a=blob;f=include/bluetooth-api.h;h=abdd30ce9e8b18ebe5c4bea89b2ae22882d45f1a;hb=refs/heads/tizen but that and the NTB "devel" have nothing about PBAP transfers that even remotely matches the Bluez obex API https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=platform/upstream/obexd.git;a=blob;f=doc/client-api.txt;h=19c85415ccd6045762f69ba2558fd37a8ee9f76c;hb=refs/heads/tizen

I also checked the core API from the 2.3 SDK beta. It has a Bluetooth
OPP (Object Push Profile) API, but nothing about PBAP.

Can someone please give me a pointer for the API that apps are supposed
to use for PBAP?

Either way, https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/NTB_Architecture does not list
PBAP as implemented and https://bugs.tizen.org/jira/browse/TC-1194 says
that PBAP support will be added by Samsung (when?), so even if there was
an API, I wouldn't be able to use it now, right?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.