[Dev] SMACK in Tizen

Philippe Coval philippe.coval at open.eurogiciel.org
Wed Oct 29 17:00:44 GMT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM, Vyacheslav Barinov
<v.barinov at samsung.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> José Bollo <jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org> writes:
>
>> Le mercredi 29 octobre 2014 à 10:08 +0300, Vyacheslav Barinov a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>  What is current SMACK state in Tizen:Common builds?
>>
>> Hi Vyacheslav,
>>
>> Tizen:Common is a work in progress implementation of the Security model
>> of tizen 3 described by this wiki page:
>> https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Security:SmackThreeDomainModel
>>
>>>  I see smack-related packages installed into firmware but there are neither rules in
>>>  /etc/smack/accesses.d nor security labels on binaries in latest snapshot firmware.
>>
>> It is not true. What did you inspected? Which image?
>
> I've just tested tizen-common_20141028.4_common-x11-2parts-armv7l.tar.gz image from
> https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/arm-x11/common-x11-2parts-armv7l/

hi,

What kernel are you using with this rootfs ?  and what device ?
default one is vexpress but only for QEmu then you need some adapation
to other boards like renesas one :

https://dockr.eurogiciel.fr/blogs/embedded/tizen-arm-images-to-renesas/

But make sure your kernel has SMACK support to support full Tizen security model
note X11 is not in best shape AFAIK I invite you to check wayland
image if you can

And if you use odroid board
there are some WIP image to be released soon at :
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/repos/arm-wayland/

--
 mailto:philippe.coval at eurogiciel.fr  --  gpg:0x467094BC
 xmpp:philippe.coval.pro at gmail.com