[Dev] Tizen 3.0 Core privilege list

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Oct 30 12:02:42 GMT 2014

On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 12:49 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-10-30 at 12:37 +0100, José Bollo wrote:
> > Le jeudi 30 octobre 2014 à 11:05 +0100, Patrick Ohly a écrit :
> > > Without this special privilege, each user service would have to
> > > implement the Smack check itself instead of using the unified privilege
> > > checking code paths and instance (= Cynara), or we need to revive the
> > > non-upstream, and otherwise obsolete Smack label checking and rules in
> > > dbus-daemon.
> >
> > I'm surprised to discover that the policy of checking Smack labels is
> > removed. I though that it remained concurrently.
>
> Reread the older mail threads. It has come up and the consensus was that
> checking via Cynara supersedes the older patches. We just need to figure
> out all details, like what how to protect services that don't have a
> suitable privilege.

It just occurred to me that the system apps with a UI that I mentioned
in my other email will not run with Smack label "User" or "System", so
the older Smack based D-Bus access control will not work for them unless
we also resurrect the entire "compile Smack rules based on manifest"
machinery from Tizen 2.x. That is currently gone in 3.x, right?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.