[Dev] FW: Error: No source package found at <Tizen_Project>

Michael Johnson Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com
Thu Oct 30 13:50:53 GMT 2014

Hi,

The version is gbs 0.22.3, and I was trying to build the whole source.

Thanks for your help!
________________________________
From: JF Ding [jian-feng.ding at intel.com]
Sent: 30 October 2014 1:45 PM
To: Michael Johnson
Cc: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: Re: [Dev] FW: Error: No source package found at <Tizen_Project>

Michael,

Would you provide the version of gbs, and the package name that caused the error message? We will double confirm the status of DEVT-148.

thanks
- jf.ding

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having problems trying to build the Tizen source.  Cloning the source went fine, but I'm now going through https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/building-packages-locally-gbs, and getting the above error when using the command:

    gbs -d build -A i586 --threads=4 --clean-once --exclude=gcc,cmake,filesystem,aul,libmm-sound,libtool

I'm using the .gbs.conf below that exists after cloning the source.

[general]
tmpdir=/var/tmp/
profile = profile.tizen3.0_ivi
work_dir=.
fallback_to_native=true

[repo.tizen3.0_x86]
url=${work_dir}/pre-built/toolchain-x86/

[repo.tizen3.0_x86_64]
url=${work_dir}/pre-built/toolchain-x86_64/

[profile.tizen3.0_ivi]
repos=repo.tizen3.0_x86,repo.tizen3.0_x86_64
buildconf=${work_dir}/scm/meta/build-config/build.conf
exclude_packages=libtool,gettext

Bug DEVT-148 says "gbs build fails with an error if packaging/ is a symlink", and it says that it is fixed, so I'm wondering if there is anyone having this issue, or is there a different way of building the source that is not mentioned in the documentation?

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

MICHAEL JOHNSON
Embedded Software Engineer

Symphony Teleca
Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8RY
Phone: +441962868866, Fax: +441962868867
Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com<mailto:Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com>
www.symphonyteleca.com<http://www.symphonyteleca.com>

Teleca Limited, a company registered in England & Wales, registration number 2773878, registered office at Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8RY. VAT registration number GB 674 6583 90

Follow what's going on at Symphony Teleca's blog on www.symphonyteleca.com/blog<http://www.symphonyteleca.com/blog>. Please consider the environment before you print.

Notice to recipient: This e-mail (including any attachments) is meant for the intended recipient only, may contain confidential and proprietary information, and is protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender of the error by return e-mail, delete this communication and any attachments, and shred any printouts. Unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, copying or taking of any action based on this communication is strictly prohibited.