[Dev] Error: No source package found at <Tizen_Project>

JF Ding jian-feng.ding at intel.com
Thu Oct 30 14:01:03 GMT 2014


Geoffroy,  

The reason is, currently we combine all the manifest in snapshot into a single one to put to scm/manifest.git. So the emulator-yagl is from emulator building target, and u-boot is from arm building target. I feel there will be potential issues, and I will let GBS developers to check more, and fix it ASAP whenever issue is found.

thanks
- jf.ding


On Thursday, October 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM, VanCutsem, Geoffroy wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>   
> I’ve not tried the procedure you’re using in a while but I’ve noticed that there are a couple of projects that are no longer used in IVI but are still part of the manifest file used by your method (I guess you’re trying the IVI profile, aren’t you?). What you could try to do to see if it makes any difference is to comment them out (or completely remove them). Here are the following lines from <Tizen_Project>/.repo/manifests/ivi/projects.xml to be removed:
> -          <project name="platform/adaptation/emulator/emulator-yagl" path="platform/adaptation/emulator/emulator-yagl" groups="ivi"/>
> -          <project name="platform/kernel/u-boot" path="platform/kernel/u-boot" groups="ivi"/>
>   
> Thanks,
> Geoffroy
>   
>   
> -----------------------------------------------
> Intel Corporation NV/SA
> Kings Square, Veldkant 31
> 2550 Kontich
> RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.  
> Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09
>  
>   
> From: Michael Johnson [mailto:Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com]  
> Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 1:05 PM
> To: VanCutsem, Geoffroy; dev at lists.tizen.org (mailto:dev at lists.tizen.org)
> Subject: RE: Error: No source package found at <Tizen_Project>  
>   
> Hi Geoffroy,
>  
> Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try, and yes, I did run 'gbs build' from inside that root folder.
>  
> I'll let you know how it goes.
>  
> Cheers!  
>  
> From: VanCutsem, Geoffroy [geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com (mailto:geoffroy.vancutsem at intel.com)]
> Sent: 30 October 2014 11:54 AM
> To: Michael Johnson; dev at lists.tizen.org (mailto:dev at lists.tizen.org)
> Subject: RE: Error: No source package found at <Tizen_Project>  
> Hi Michael,
>   
> The following page may be helpful (it’s a bit more up-to-date): https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/all-one-instructions/creating-tizen-ivi-images-based-on-specific-snapshot-one-page
>   
> Just a sanity check though on what you did: did you issue the ‘gbs build’ command from *inside* the <Tizen_Project> folder (that’s what you should do)?
>   
> Geoffroy
>   
> -----------------------------------------------
> Intel Corporation NV/SA
> Kings Square, Veldkant 31
> 2550 Kontich
> RPM (Bruxelles) 0415.497.718.  
> Citibank, Brussels, account 570/1031255/09
>  
>   
> From: Dev [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of Michael Johnson
> Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2014 12:41 PM
> To: dev at lists.tizen.org (mailto:dev at lists.tizen.org)
> Subject: [Dev] FW: Error: No source package found at <Tizen_Project>  
>   
>   
> Hi all,
>  
> I'm having problems trying to build the Tizen source.  Cloning the source went fine, but I'm now going through https://source.tizen.org/documentation/developer-guide/getting-started-guide/building-packages-locally-gbs, and getting the above error when using the command:
>  
>     gbs -d build -A i586 --threads=4 --clean-once --exclude=gcc,cmake,filesystem,aul,libmm-sound,libtool
>  
> I'm using the .gbs.conf below that exists after cloning the source.
>  
> [general]
> tmpdir=/var/tmp/
> profile = profile.tizen3.0_ivi
> work_dir=.
> fallback_to_native=true
>  
> [repo.tizen3.0_x86]
> url=${work_dir}/pre-built/toolchain-x86/
>  
> [repo.tizen3.0_x86_64]
> url=${work_dir}/pre-built/toolchain-x86_64/
>  
> [profile.tizen3.0_ivi]
> repos=repo.tizen3.0_x86,repo.tizen3.0_x86_64
> buildconf=${work_dir}/scm/meta/build-config/build.conf
> exclude_packages=libtool,gettext
>  
> Bug DEVT-148 says "gbs build fails with an error if packaging/ is a symlink", and it says that it is fixed, so I'm wondering if there is anyone having this issue, or is there a different way of building the source that is not mentioned in the documentation?
>  
> Any guidance is appreciated.
>  
> Thanks
> Mike  
>  
>  
> MICHAEL JOHNSON
> Embedded Software Engineer  
>  
>  
> Symphony Teleca
> Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8RY
> Phone: +441962868866, Fax: +441962868867
> Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com (mailto:Michael.Johnson at Symphonyteleca.com)
> www.symphonyteleca.com (http://www.symphonyteleca.com)
>  
> Teleca Limited, a company registered in England & Wales, registration number 2773878, registered office at Sunley House, 46 Jewry Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 8RY. VAT registration number GB 674 6583 90
>  
> Follow what's going on at Symphony Teleca's blog on www.symphonyteleca.com/blog (http://www.symphonyteleca.com/blog). Please consider the environment before you print.
>  
> Notice to recipient: This e-mail (including any attachments) is meant for the intended recipient only, may contain confidential and proprietary information, and is protected by law. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender of the error by return e-mail, delete this communication and any attachments, and shred any printouts. Unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, copying or taking of any action based on this communication is strictly prohibited.
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
>  
> _______________________________________________
> Dev mailing list
> Dev at lists.tizen.org (mailto:Dev at lists.tizen.org)
> https://lists.tizen.org/listinfo/dev
>  
>  


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.tizen.org/pipermail/dev/attachments/20141030/8471d349/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Dev mailing list