[Dev] [Emulator] Tizen emulator development plan

Roman Kubiak r.kubiak at samsung.com
Fri Oct 31 13:38:42 GMT 2014

Is it possible to:
- disable the screen disabling option in the emulator
- get the right click working with the mouse
- edit the skin that's used for IVI/Mobile to create my own (simpler one)

This would make the emulator more developer friendly, especially for
those of us that work a lot with the core
stuff of the OS.

best regards
On 10/28/2014 10:29 AM, SeokYeon Hwang wrote:
> Dear Tizen emulator developers,
>
> As you developers knows, we will merge three branches for features and
> QEMU2.2 into "tizen" branches in the near future.
> Not to make the branches unstable, we make a decision to use alternative
> branch "tizen_next"
> That is, you developers need to merge the changes into "tizen_next" branches
> instead of tizen branches.
> After testing "tizen_next" branch, we will merge it into "tizen" branch.
>

> Here is what will be done in "tizen_next" branches.
>
> For "tizen_next" branch under sdk/emulator/qemu.git
> *  Merge three features below.
> -  Features/brillcodec_2i
> -  Features/smp
> -  Features/qt_dr
> *  Merge upstream qemu 2.2 into "tizen_next"
> (http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.2).
> *  Using new argument to run emulator.
> *  Implementing light emulator (fast build and easy run).
>
> For "tizen_next" branch under Sdk/emulator/emulator-kernel.git
> *  Merging upstream kernel version 3.14.
> *  Turn SMP on.
>
> For "tizen_next" branch under sdk/emulator/emulator-manager.git
> *  Using new argument to run emulator.
>
> "tizen_next" branches will be available from 2014/11/01.
> After the "tizen_next" branches are created/generated, the tizen branches
> will be on "feature freeze" status.
>

> If you have any question or have better options, please let me know.
>
> Thanks

  Roman Kubiak