[Dev] orphan-packaging model

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Wed Sep 3 16:05:28 GMT 2014

Hello!

Is anyone already using the orphan-packaging model
(https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/git-build-system/maintenance-models-supported-gbs)?

I tried converting an existing package (libphonenumber) to that new
model with "gbs devel convert", but the result was that "gbs build"
failed to build on the development branch (couldn't find sources).

I've probably done something wrong. Currently I am trying to start from
scratch. I found the documentation a bit lacking. It just says what
branches must exist, without explaining what files need to be created
and committed there. A HOWTO showing the steps that are necessary would
be useful.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.