[Dev] orphan-packaging model

Lv, RuiX ruix.lv at intel.com
Thu Sep 4 03:12:54 GMT 2014

Hi Patrick,

The convert action only create the orphan packaging branch which only contains packaging info.
Thus, you need to create the corresponding development branch that contains libphonenumber source code with `gbs devel start`.

Please follow the following procedure, I've verified it on my side.

1. Clone the package and switch to it.

$ git clone tizen: platform/upstream/libphonenumber
$ cd libphonenumber
$ git br
* accepted/tizen_common

2. Convert to orphan-packaging model
1) Create packaging branch.
$ gbs devel convert
$ git br
  accepted/tizen_common
* accepted/tizen_common-orphan
2) Create development branch
$ gbs devel start
$ git br
  accepted/tizen_common
  accepted/tizen_common-orphan
* development/accepted/tizen_common-orphan/5.3.2

3. Do development on development branch and export patches to packaging branch.
# Do local development.
$ gbs devel export
$ git br
  accepted/tizen_common
* accepted/tizen_common-orphan
  development/accepted/tizen_common-orphan/5.3.2

4. Commit patches and perform building.
$ git add *
$ git commit -s
$ gbs build -A i586