[Dev] About kickstarter file and repository to build tizen image

Li, Hao H hao.h.li at intel.com
Fri Sep 5 00:33:40 GMT 2014

For gbs.conf, you might use the repo like http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/tizen_20140602.4/repos/mobile/armv7l/packages/ to do the local build for your updated source package.
For building customized image, you can use --local-pkgs-path=LOCAL_PKGS_PATH during mic cr - https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/mic-image-creator/mic-create
You also can check https://source.tizen.org/documentation/reference/mic-image-creator/customize-image

From: Dev [mailto:dev-bounces at lists.tizen.org] On Behalf Of Heecheol, Yang
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 11:19 PM
To: dev at lists.tizen.org
Subject: [Dev] About kickstarter file and repository to build tizen image

Hello, I am porting Tizen on my own board, and using an image which I downloaded from the link [1]
However, I got an error about systemd (To be specific, systemd doesn't work showing "/run/systemd/private no such file or directory" error message").
So I decided to add some debug messages to systemd to identify the reason why.
But, there is a problem.
As you know, to create a tizen image, there are mainly two steps.

1)     Download and build Tizen source codes.

2)     Create image using compiled packages from (1)
Step 1 can be done through "gbs build" command, and we have to specify URL of the repository in gbs.conf file.
Step 2 can be done through "gbs createimage" or "mic" command, and we need .ks file.
But, it doesn't seems that the .ks file from [2] is for the image[1]. To be specific, we need to modify --baseurl field properly. But I couldn't find the URL.
Could you tell me which URLs should be specified in .ks and gbs.conf files?

Regards,
Hee-cheol, Yang
[1] http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/tizen_20140602.4/images/RD-PQ/
[2] http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/rd-pq/tizen_20140602.4/images/RD-PQ/RD-PQ.ks