[Dev] Tizen 3 services: use case for multi user

Dominig ar Foll dominig.arfoll at fridu.net
Mon Sep 8 12:55:15 GMT 2014

Jussi,

The concept of seat represent a display.
display may or may not have a dedicated input device.
(typically the driver and passenger seat display shares same input
devices while the back seat have their dedicated control.

In  the model use for defining Tizen 3 :

 - User session are not allocated to a given seat.
 - An application is started on a given seat and later can be reseated.

The set of application run by one user can be shared between multiple
seats while applications from various users can run on he same seat.

Regards

Dominig

Le 08/09/2014 14:14, Jussi Laako a écrit :
> On 5.9.2014 11:53, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
>> Furthermore the requirement from Genivi is that a user application can
>> be moved from one seat to an other without disconnection, so the binding
>> between a seat an a user does not exist.
>
> Binding between session and seat does exist when session is active.
> Sessions can be suspended and re-seated, see logind APIs for details.
>
>> We need to share BT adaptor between users which is why we need a BT
>> framework on top of BlueZ to manage those issues.
>
> When you have single adapter and pairing initiated from remote device,
> you have no way of knowing what seat it originated from, unless you
> have per-seat NFC readers to assist.

Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect
Intel Open Source Technology Centre