[Dev] Tizen 3 services: use case for multi user

Kaskinen, Tanu tanu.kaskinen at intel.com
Tue Sep 9 09:24:07 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-08 at 15:14 +0300, Jussi Laako wrote:
> On 5.9.2014 11:53, Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> > Furthermore the requirement from Genivi is that a user application can
> > be moved from one seat to an other without disconnection, so the binding
> > between a seat an a user does not exist.
>
> Binding between session and seat does exist when session is active.
> Sessions can be suspended and re-seated, see logind APIs for details.

I looked at [1], and to me the documentation sounds like logind sessions
can't be re-seated. Firstly, the documentation for
org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.ActivateSession()
and .ActivateSessionOnSeat() says the following:

    ActivateSession() brings the session with the specified ID into
    the foreground. ActivateSessionOnSeat() does the same, but only
    if the seat id matches.

"Only if the seat id matches" sounds like the method isn't meant for
moving a session between seats, and I couldn't find any other method
that would do the moving.

Secondly, the org.freedesktop.login1.Session.Seat property is defined in
the introspection data as follows:

    @org.freedesktop.DBus.Property.EmitsChangedSignal("const")
    readonly (so) Seat = ('', '/');

I'd guess EmitsChangedSignal("const") means that the property value
never changes, i.e. sessions are permanently tied to a single seat.

Have you actually tried moving a session between seats?

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/logind/

--
Tanu