[Dev] Tizen 3 services: use case for multi user

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 9 11:51:14 GMT 2014

On 9.9.2014 12:24, Kaskinen, Tanu wrote:
>      ActivateSession() brings the session with the specified ID into
>      the foreground. ActivateSessionOnSeat() does the same, but only
>      if the seat id matches.
>
> "Only if the seat id matches" sounds like the method isn't meant for
> moving a session between seats, and I couldn't find any other method
> that would do the moving.

That's something we can change... Logind would send suspend message to
weston which would disconnect from all devices and then send another
message to activate on other seat. It'll then open up devices on that
seat. In my architecture, the drawing surfaces persist, but input
devices are let loose and re-opened.

> Have you actually tried moving a session between seats?

No, we'll go further on it once we first get multi-seat working properly.

What we now have working:
1) Two seats having different keyboard and mice (seats are also
dynamically created and destroyed as you plug-in the devices)
2) Sessions on these two seats drawing to common weston (two ways,
direct and nested)

What we don't have:
- Binding input methods from (1) to (2)
- Binding physical weston outputs properly to seats, so that windows
created by sessions would appear on corresponding output