[Dev] vconf/buxton adapter

Douglas, William william.douglas at intel.com
Tue Sep 9 18:37:34 GMT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 8:48 AM, José Bollo <jose.bollo at open.eurogiciel.org>
wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> I'm studying an adapter having vconf API and buxton backend.
>
> I'm seeing a lot of problem using buxton. For example:
>
> - I've submitted a patch to make API exposing "const char*" arguments,
> not "char*"

This is a good change, see my comments on your patch.

> - The API allow to list the keynames but it is unusefull: the response
> can not be inspected

That is odd, the library should not be exporting that function's symbol yet
(it is needing to be reworked).

> - If the response could be inspected, some data are missing: the group,
> the type (and the layer but it is set by the request) It makes the
> returned data unuseful.
>
> - the get of a value of a key fails if the type is wrong

This is intended. The system is intended to check the types expected value
and return failure if it doesn't match the actual value of a key. There is
work on going to get the type of key however.

> I made a pull request for the 2 former points
> https://github.com/sofar/buxton/pull/109
>
> I dont understand what are design strategies or immature implementation.
> Help wanted.

There is also a simplebuxtonapi that exists for folks who are interesting
in using buxton as they used vconf (some parts are still being worked on
there so it is not quite ready).

If you have any further questions or comments please let me know.