[Dev] I faced an issue while contributing the source code to tizen. I need help

Uimonen, Jaska jaska.uimonen at intel.com
Thu Sep 11 05:19:13 GMT 2014

Hi,

As the error message says, you are missing the changeid field from your
git commit messages. Changeid is used by gerrit to track the patches.

You have to copy a special git hook to your code tree as the message says:
  gitdir=$(git rev-parse --git-dir); scp -p -P 29418 domich at review.tizen.org<mailto:domich at review.tizen.org>:hooks/commit-msg ${gitdir}/hooks/

After this git will automatically insert a changeid into your commits.

Now if you have already done your commits and don't have the changeid,
you have to rebase (and rewrite) your commits to get the changeid in.

git log:

your commit 3
your commit 2
your commit 1
HEAD (rebase -i to this sha1)

then in editor:

pick HEAD
r your commit 1 (change pick in all your commits to r, reword)
r your commit 2
r your commit3

Then just leave your commit messages as they are, git should insert the
changeid to your commits (because of reword,r)

Then you should be able to push to gerrit.

br,
Jaska

P.S. There might be some other way to achieve this, but this is how I myself often do it.