[Dev] Crosswalk extension path

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Sep 11 14:38:48 GMT 2014

Hello!

At the moment, Crosswalk on Tizen loads only the extensions installed by
the tizen-extensions-crosswalk package
into /usr/lib/tizen-extensions-crosswalk. That directory is listed as
--external-extensions-path in xwalk.service.

Are other extensions allowed to install their .so files into that same
directory?

According to my admittedly limited understanding of rpm and
file/directory ownership, the answer is no: the directory is created and
owned exclusively by tizen-extensions-crosswalk.

Wouldn't it be better if Tizen had a generic /usr/lib/xwalk/extensions
directory (owned by the crosswalk package) and look for extensions
there?

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.