[Dev] QtScript in Tizen

Rees, Kevron kevron.m.rees at intel.com
Thu Sep 11 15:56:31 GMT 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 2:15 AM, Tomasz Olszak <olszak.tomasz at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've got an AMB plugin that uses qtscript to provide a javascript
>> interface to AMB.  This allows developers to create scripts to create
>> custom/standard properties that provides simulation data to
>> applications.  This is essential to test Modello and other ivi
>> applications that use properties that not provided by native plugins.
>>
>> QtScript, however, is missing from tizen.  I propose adding it.
>>
>> -Kevron
>
> Sure I can try - I will be updating Qt to 5.4 beta this week so I can
> try QtScript. But - do you use any fancy features of QtScript? Maybe
> better to use QtQml handling scripts...

I don't know if the features I'm using are "fancy".  I'm mainly just
exporting QObject-based classes to javascript-land for usage there.  I
have toyed a bit with the QScriptEngineAgent stuff, but I haven't
gotten that working yet.

I didn't know that you could use QtQml as a replacement for QtScript
but I guess it makes sense.  I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Kevron