[Dev] D-Bus bindings for Crosswalk, Crosswalk extensions in Python

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Fri Sep 12 09:13:33 GMT 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-12 at 10:31 +0200, Jonatan Pålsson wrote:

> On 12 September 2014 10:14, Patrick
> Ohly <patrick.ohly at intel.com> wrote:
>         Cloudeebus [1] is able to connect JavaScript apps to the D-Bus
>         session
>         or service bus. It can generate JavaProxy proxy objects
>         automatically
>         based on D-Bus introspection, pretty much like python-dbus
>         does it.
>

> I think this sounds like a good approach. In the case of Media Manager
> it would have been even more beneficial if the introspection worked on
> the CommonAPI level.

I agree, this would have some benefits. But it will be both more work
(someone needs to write a Franca code generator for JavaScript/Crosswalk
that works with CommonAPI services) and has a bigger impact on Tizen
(can we use and ship the Franca tools in Tizen), so I'd like to defer
the discussion of that to some other time.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.