[Dev] logging

Peters, Brad T brad.t.peters at intel.com
Mon Sep 15 17:45:12 GMT 2014

More broadly speaking, logging is image specific. Generally, Mobile images
are stuck with a bunch of legacy dlog code,
and aren't likely to change anytime soon. IVI uses the SysD journal, which
is also generally recognized as the
'preferred' logging system for new implementations.

Be warned - You will find apps which break this generalization, I promise
you.  Many apps manage their own logging,
dumping to random locations in the fs.

Best regards,
-Brad Peters