[Dev] D-Bus bindings for Crosswalk, Crosswalk extensions in Python

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Sep 16 15:34:53 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 11:39 +0200, Jacek Bukarewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm concerned about memory
> footprint of cloudeebus. On Tizen emulator simple "Hello World" app
> written in python takes about 1.5 MB of memory (not counting memory that
> is shareable with other processes like shared library mappings). On
> 64-bit architecture it will probably take more than that. Have you
> measured cloudeebus' memory footprint in some typical usage scenario?

Not yet. My initial goal was to present the idea, solicit feedback and
get it packaged in Tizen if there is demand. I think there is a clear
demand at least for prototyping. For that the overhead doesn't matter
that much.

For use in production you are right, we need some benchmarking. Both
memory overhead and startup latency as mentioned by Dominig are
relevant. Do we have tools in Tizen for measuring shared vs. unshared
memory mappings? More specifically, how did you identify the 1.5 MB
number above?

I fixed the Tizen-specific issues that I mentioned in my announcement,
so I can run some benchmarks on a VTC1010 now.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.