[Dev] D-Bus bindings for Crosswalk, Crosswalk extensions in Python

Jacek Bukarewicz j.bukarewicz at samsung.com
Tue Sep 16 16:34:44 GMT 2014

> For use in production you are right, we need some benchmarking. Both
> memory overhead and startup latency as mentioned by Dominig are
> relevant. Do we have tools in Tizen for measuring shared vs. unshared
> memory mappings? More specifically, how did you identify the 1.5 MB
> number above?
>
> I fixed the Tizen-specific issues that I mentioned in my announcement,
> so I can run some benchmarks on a VTC1010 now.

I used simple test script (hello.py):
#! /usr/bin/python

print 'Hello World'
raw_input()

On the second terminal I ran:
top -p $(pgrep hello.py)

I got such results:
PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
2507 root      20   0    5956   3080   1452 S  0.0  0.1   0:00.01 hello.py

RES column denotes how much physical memory given process uses. SHR
shows how much physical memory is shareable. I assume that the rest is
private to the process (about 1.6 MB).
This is consistent with what /proc/<pid>/smaps contains. It gives
information such as resident set size and how much memory is shared or
private for each mapping.
Before I was made aware that /proc/<pid>/smaps contains these useful
information I wrote a python script that parses information from
/proc/<pid>/maps and /proc/<pid>/pagemap files (attached) and output it
shows also confirms figure I talked about.

Best regards,

--
Jacek Bukarewicz
j.bukarewicz at samsung.com