[Dev] Tagging pre-release version of packages

Tomasz Olszak olszak.tomasz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:11:33 GMT 2014

Hi,

I read [1] but still it is not clear to me how the alpha, beta, rc and other
pre final versions should be tagged in Tizen.

In Fedora for example Release tag is used for that [2]. In Tizen we are
instructed to not use Release[3] and use Version instead.

Question is how should I set version for upstream tag:
v5.4.0-alpha1
to ensure that it will be "earlier" than future 5.4.0?

I don't want to do things like 5.3.99alpha1, 5.3.99alpha2, 5.3.99beta, 5.4.0.

Thanks in advance

[1] https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines
[2]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#NonNumericRelease
[3]https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Release