[Dev] Simultaneous multi-user multi-seat architecture

Jussi Laako jussi.laako at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 18 08:51:05 GMT 2014

Hi,

We have now a working architecture and proof-of-concept setup for
simultaneous multi-user multi-seat configuration with VTC-1010:
1xGPU
2xDisplay (DP + VGA)
2xKeyboard
2xMice
1xTouch-screen

I believe this architecture can also work well with GENIVI and real-time
dashboard functionalities.

Goal of the architecture in short is to have two simultaneous user
sessions, having their own displays and input methods (keyboard, mouse
and touch). We have now proven that this also works in practice.

Architecture description and other related information can be found from:
https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Multi-seat_Architecture

Current user "display" is to be renamed something more generic, we've
been thinking about "system", but we'd like to hear about better
proposals. (this would also possibly be the GENIVI user/session)

Document is to be further updated with relevant sections on
Bluetooth/WiFi and other needed areas.

Comments are more than welcome! :)

Best regards,

	- Jussi Laako