[Dev] Gumd usage in building images

Krzysztof Sasiak k.sasiak at samsung.com
Thu Sep 18 14:30:26 GMT 2014

Hi,

   The problem is that during image creation gumd user management is not
available. It's because of the gumd's architecture: there's a client and
a daemon. The client communicates with the daemon using DBUS (the actual
user creation is performed by the daemon).

   Mic image creation is done in a chroot, and only bash commands will
work there. There's no DBUS daemon available then, hence the problem.

   All this still has to be confirmed. I'm not sure if anybody has tried
it out ;)

On 18.09.2014 16:19, Jacek Bukarewicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone clarify what exactly is the dbus-gumd issue? gumd depends
> on dbus-1 RPM requirement, which used to be provided by dbus-devel
> instead of dbus package. The consequence was that gumd pulled
> dbus-devel as its dependency. Today a fix has been merged to dbus
> package and it still needs to be submitted to the OBS. However, I'm
> not sure it was the reason for not putting gumd on the image.
>
> Best regards,
>
> On 09/18/2014 03:53 PM, Krzysztof Sasiak wrote:
>> Hello Imran,
>>
>>   Thank You for answering. Any news on the issue?
>>
>>   I'd be very much interested in having a operational multiuser
>> feature in Tizen, and so I would be very glad to help with coming up
>> with a solution to this dbus + gumd issue.
>>
>> On 09.09.2014 14:06, Zaman, Imran wrote:
>>> Hi Krzysztof!
>>>
>>> ... forked another thread for gumd to keep it separate.
>>>
>>> I think the only think that comes to my mind is that gumd has a dependency on dbus. If that can be handled and has no issues at image building time, then for sure we can use gumd.
>>> Mikko! Can you please let me know (if you know any) whom to contact for this issue at image building stage?
>>>
>>> BR
>>> imran