[Dev] FW: Tizen 3 services: use case for multi user

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Mon Sep 22 15:03:35 GMT 2014

On Mon, 2014-09-22 at 16:48 +0200, corentin.lecouvey at open.eurogiciel.org
wrote:
> Btw let me re-write a multi-pairing use case I wrote at the very bottom
> of my previous mail...
> That reply to
>
> >> And I think the reason why we want to support multi-paring is just to
> >> protect the
> >> personal date for PBAP, MAP and so on, which is our second request.
> >> However, PBAP, MAP, FTP, OPP are all based on OBexd, and run at
> >> normal user
> >> privilege not root, and each has it's own default home directory
> >> bound with the
> >> user to share the data through Bluetooth.
> >> So that means for above profiles, the multi-user are supported natively.
> >> We just did not try and verify the scenario before, but I think it
> >> will not big issue
> >> here, we will have a try on it.
> BlueZ 5 persistently pairs remote devices, which brings up a use case
> for multi-pairing :
> UserA is paired and connected to deviceR. When userA is disconnected
> from deviceR, userA stays paired.
> In such case, a new user (userB) logins to the system and he is
> automaticaly paired to deviceR without any authentication.
> As userB is already paired with the remote deviceR, he can just connect
> to PBAP service from deviceR to retrieve the phonebook for example.

Just to avoid confusion: this is exactly the behavior that we do *not*
want, right?

Calling it a use case together with the desired multi-user use cases is
a bit misleading. It's more like an "abuse case" from Tizen's security
and privacy perspective ;-}

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.