[Dev] FW: FW: Tizen 3 services: use case for multi user

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Tue Sep 23 10:01:10 GMT 2014

On Tue, 2014-09-23 at 09:53 +0000, Zheng, Wu wrote:
> >What prevents a rogue user process from ignoring NTB and using obexd and/or
> >the system's Bluetooth support directly (i.e. replicate obexd inside the process
> >itself)?
>
> It need to be analyzed cases by cases.

If you don't know, then check it first. If it turns out to be
impossible, then it might not be worth implementing access control in
NTB at all because it will have to be done again elsewhere (kernel?).

Even if it turns out to be feasible, then it cannot be turned on without
first ensuring that all uses of Bluetooth go through NTB.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.