About multi-app packaging directory policy

장상윤 s89.jang at samsung.com
Tue Apr 7 05:28:06 GMT 2015

Dear folks,

It seems that the multi-app packaging directory policy is different with Tizen 2.3
According to 2.3 SDK, a sample multi-app package's directory hirearchy is like this:

.
├── author-signature.xml
├── bin
│?? └── mainapp
│   └── subapp
├── lib
├── res
├── setting
├── shared
│?? ├── data
│?? ├── res
│?? │?? └── mainapp.png
│   │   └── subapp.png
│?? └── trusted
├── signature1.xml
└── tizen-manifest.xml
(pkgid:org.tizen.mainapp, main appid:org.tizen.mainapp, sub appid:org.tizen.subapp)
Two applications are packaged in same root directory.

If app-installer install this package as it is, the installed path will be like this:
$HOME/apps_rw/<pkgid>/...
> $HOME/apps_rw/org.tizen.mainapp/bin/mainapp
                                                      /bin/subapp
                                                      /lib/ ...

But currently, app-installer(also security-manager treat as same) will install this package at:
$HOME/apps_rw/<pkgid>/<appid>/...
> $HOME/apps_rw/org.tizen.mainapp/org.tizen.mainapp/bin/mainapp
                                                       org.tizen.subapp/bin/subapp

Does anybody know whether the application directory policy is changed?
I think that the application directory policy is not consistent now.

Regards,
Sangyoon