[Dev] Accessing file locations on Tizen IVI

Eiche, Aaron aeiche at jaguarlandrover.com
Mon Apr 13 17:41:19 GMT 2015

Thanks for the suggestions Ken and Steve,

As near as I can tell, smack does affect the readability of the files, and
the permissions set in config.xml are completely ignored. Further more, the
wiki (https://wiki.tizen.org/wiki/Security:SmackThreeDomainModel#Files)
suggests that files marked with the User label are not actually readable by
installable apps - Which I assume means apps such as ours.

Any other ideas about making files readable by installable apps? We've
moved the files directory location to /home/app/content/Images/. I can get
a directory listing, but the toURI() method on the file-handler object
won't actually load the image (It looks something like:
file:///home/app/content/images/image_name.jpg)

On 10 April 2015 at 10:33, Mattison, Steven <smattiso at jaguarlandrover.com>
wrote:

> If I am not mistaken, and I may be as it's been months since I've touched
> this function, the tizen.filesystem.resolve() function is sandboxed to
> files within the /home/app/content folder.
>

> If the GENIVI media-manager could be altered to place the files within
> that folder, you should be able to access them from the web-app.
>
> On 10 April 2015 at 10:07, Smith, Kenneth <ksmith15 at jaguarlandrover.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't smack affect the ability of apps to access the filesystem? Do
>> the privileges in config.xml have anything to do with smack?
>>
>> On 9 April 2015 at 17:58, Eiche, Aaron <aeiche at jaguarlandrover.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to get URI locations in a web app for images that are
>>> generated and placed in /home/app/.cache/media-manager-artwork. The files
>>> are placed there by the GENIVI media-manager project.
>>>
>>> I've attempted to use the following code in the debug console
>>>
>>> tizen.filesystem.resolve(
>>> 'file:///home/app/.cache/media-manager-artwork', function(dir){