[Dev] /sys/class/sensors for sensord

Yong Li sdliyong at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 06:21:15 GMT 2015

Thanks Ram for your detailed information! Since I am using a PC for the
test, I cannot get the /sys/class/sensors folder. I will try to find a
ODroid board
or the RD-PQ device. The RD-PQ device should be a Galaxy S3, and it can
support the /sys/class/sensors, am I correct?

During my test, I found another issue will "libsensor segfault":

The sensord is running okay, but I cannot execute the test/sensor-test
application. The error message is segfault in libsensor.so.

After debugging, I found this issue is related to the gcc tools. It works
with one gcc but failed in another(all the same version gcc 4.9.2, but with
different configuration).

The root cause is event_listener is NULL in the init_client function in
client.cpp. It seems that the csensor_event_listener &event_listener is
NULL when the init_client function is called.

Which gcc options can cause this kind of behavior?